Metro’s contractor, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC), has recently completed tunnel boring for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project. As a result, WSCC will be extracting the Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) from Crenshaw Bl between 48th St and Martin Luther King Jr Bl starting on Friday, May 19, 2017, at 9 pm through 6 am Monday, May 22, 2017.
WHAT: Street closure for extraction of Tunnel Boring Machine
WHEN: Friday, May 19, 2017, from 9 pm to 6 am Monday, May 22, 2017, weather permitting.
WHERE: Crenshaw Bl between 48th St and Martin Luther King Jr Bl
DURATION: One weekend
What To Expect
Full closure of Southbound Crenshaw Bl between Homeland Dr and 48th St.
Full Closure of Northbound Crenshaw Bl between 48th St and 43rd St.
- East on MLK Bl
- South on Western Av
- West on 48th St
- Northeast on Leimert Bl
- West on 43rd St
- North on Crenshaw Bl
Local access to residents and businesses will be maintained on Crenshaw Bl between 43rd St and Martin Luther King Jr. Bl and via the following streets Stocker St, 43rd St, and Vernon Av.
No right or left turns will be allowed from Vernon Av onto Crenshaw Bl.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/