As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be working on the at-grade crossing at Crenshaw Bl and 57th St starting at 9 am on Thursday, May 17, 2018. This will require the full continuous street closure of 57th St, at Crenshaw Bl for 72 hours.
WHAT: Continuous street closure
WHEN: Starting at 9 am on Thursday, May 17, 2018, through 9 am Sunday, May 20, 2018. Weather permitting.
WHERE: Crenshaw Bl and 57th St
DURATION: 72 hours
What To Expect
- Full closure of 57th St, at Crenshaw Bl.
- Eastbound and westbound traffic on 57th St will need to make a right turn onto Crenshaw Bl.
- Left turns from eastbound and westbound 57th St onto Crenshaw Bl will be restricted.
- Left turns from northbound and southbound Crenshaw Bl onto 57th St will be restricted.
- One northbound and southbound lane reduction on Crenshaw Bl at 57th St.
- Crenshaw Bl crosswalk on 57th St will be closed. Pedestrians will be redirected to an area outside of construction to safely cross the street.
Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/