As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be working on the OCS (overhead catenary system) wire installation on Arbor Vitae St and Portal Av. This will require a full closure of Arbor Vitae St at Portal Av with traffic detours being implemented at Aviation Bl and Airport Bl for two nights.
WHAT: Street closure
WHEN: Monday, May 14, 2018, and Tuesday, May 15, 2018, from 9 pm to 6 am the following morning, weather permitting.
WHERE: Arbor Vitae St and Portal Av
DURATION: Two nights
What To Expect
Full closure of Arbor Vitae St at Portal Av.
- North on Aviation Bl
- West on Manchester Av
- South on Airport Bl
- West on Westchester Pkwy
- North on Airport Bl
- East on Manchester Av
- South on Aviation Bl
- East on Arbor Vitae St
- Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/