As part of the Metro Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be working on the reconstruction of the median located on Florence Av between Hillcrest Bl and Prairie Av. This will begin at 8 am on Monday, April 24, 2017, and will be completed in phases over the span of six weeks. The median reconstruction will allow for the widening of Florence Av by reducing the width of the existing medians. This work includes the removal of the existing median, road pavement, and the installation of street lighting and drainage. The work will start on Florence Av between Prairie Av and Centinela Av and move west to Centinela Av and Hillcrest Bl.
WHAT: Median Reconstruction
WHEN: Monday, April 24, 2017, from 8 am to 4:30 pm and 9 pm to 6 am, Monday through Sunday, weather permitting.
WHERE: Florence Av between Prairie Ave and Hillcrest Bl
DURATION: Six weeks
What To Expect
- Lane reductions for both eastbound and westbound traffic on Florence Av between Hillcrest Av and Prairie Av.
- Left turns will be restricted for westbound traffic on Florence Av between Hillcrest Bl and Centinela Av.
- Left turns will be restricted for eastbound and westbound traffic on Florence Av between Centinela Av and Prairie Av.
- Left turns will be restricted for southbound traffic on Centinela Av onto Florence Av.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/