As part of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Metro’s contractor, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will continue working on civil improvements in Park Mesa. The civil work includes storm drain installation, water line relocation, curb and gutter reconstruction, ADA ramps, street lighting, water meter relocation, driveway, and sidewalk reconstruction. The work will continue to be conducted in segments and phases. The water line installation will be completed in two phases.
WHAT: Storm drain installation and civil improvements
WHEN: April 20, 2017, through July 10, 2017, from 6 am to 330pm Monday through Friday; 9 pm to 6 am Monday through Thursday; 9 pm Friday through 6 am Monday, weather permitting.*
WHERE: Slauson Av and Crenshaw Bl
DURATION: Three months
*Please note that night shift hours are only a contingency. All work should be completed during the day shift.
What To Expect
- Full 11th Av closure from 57th St to Slauson Av.
- Southbound lane reduction on Victoria Av right before Slauson Av.
- Westbound and eastbound lane reductions on Slauson Av from 11th Av to Victoria Av.
- Sidewalk closures.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented during the duration of this phase.
- Following the completion of this work, curbside parking will be reopened to vehicular traffic and parking.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website: