As part of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Metro’s contractor, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be closing Ivy Av between Florence Av and Beach Av for five consecutive days starting Monday, April 10, 2017. This is necessary for the construction of the at-grade crossing. The work consists of demolition, excavation, installation of duct banks, back filling with ballast, installation of rail and components, and minor street improvements. The closure of Ivy Av will begin on Monday, April 10, 2017, at 5 am and end at 9 pm on Friday, April 14, 2017.
During the closure, local access will be maintained through Eucalyptus Av, Beach Av, and La Brea Av
WHAT: Street closure
WHEN: Monday, April 10, 2017, at 5 am through 9 pm Friday, April 14, 2017, weather permitting.
WHERE: Ivy Av between Florence Av and Beach Av
DURATION: Five consecutive days
What To Expect
- Full closure of Ivy Av between Florence Av and Beach Av.
- Turn restrictions on Florence Av onto Ivy Av.
- Flagger will be guiding local traffic at the Ivy Av and Beach Av intersection.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/