As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be working on lowering stock material for the cut and cover work, concrete pours for structures above roof and backfill activities.
This will require a full northbound closure of Crenshaw Bl between 48th St and Vernon Av. This activity will continue over the course of two months. Southbound lanes will not be impacted.
WHAT: Northbound street closure
WHEN: Continuing April 2018 through June 2018, Monday through Friday from 9pm to 6am and Saturdays from 8pm to 6am, weather permitting.
WHERE: Crenshaw Bl between 48th St and Vernon Av
DURATION: Two months
What to Expect
- Full northbound closure on Crenshaw Bl between 48th St and Vernon Av.
- Local access will be maintained via Leimert Bl.
- Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/