As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be working on civil improvements at the Aviation Bl and Century Bl intersection. The civil work includes saw cut, demolition, and excavation. This will work will be completed in two phases, with each phase lasting approximately one week and a half. The civil improvements are scheduled to begin on Monday, April 9, 2018, and last three weeks.
WHAT: Civil improvements
WHEN: Starting on Monday, April 9, 2018 9am to 3:30pm 9pm to 6am Monday through Friday; 8am to 5pm and 8pm to 6am Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting.
WHERE: Century Bl and Aviation Bl
DURATION: Three weeks
What To Expect
- One southbound lane restriction on Aviation Bl at Century Bl.
- One westbound lane restriction for westbound traffic on Century Bl at Aviation Bl.
- One eastbound lane restriction for eastbound traffic on Century Bl at Aviation Bl.
A five-foot sidewalk will be maintained for pedestrians during both phases.
Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/