As part of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Metro’s contractor, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will continue working on civil improvements in Park Mesa. The civil work includes curb and gutter reconstruction, ADA ramps, street lighting, sewer line relocation, water meter relocation, driveway, and sidewalk reconstruction. The work will continue to be conducted in segments and phases. This next phase is to allow for the replacement of an existing sewer line.
To allow for the replacement of the line, WSCC will implement a southbound lane closure on the west side of Crenshaw Bl between 50th St and just south of the Mural Wall and closure of some of the curbside parking within this area. Following the completion of this work, curbside parking will be reopened to vehicular traffic and parking.
WHAT: Sewer line replacement
WHEN: March 27, 2017, through April 28, 2017. Monday through Friday from 6:30 am to 330pm and 9 pm to 6 am and Saturday and Sunday from 8 am to 5 pm and 8 pm to 6 am, weather permitting.
WHERE: West side of Crenshaw Bl between 50th St and just south of the Mural Wall
DURATION: One month
What To Expect
A southbound lane adjacent to the work area to be closed during the hours of construction.
Some of the curbside vehicular access will be restricted during the length of this operation.
Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/