As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will continue working on civil improvements. The civil work includes saw cut, demolition, excavation and preparation of the at-grade crossing panel installation. This new phase will require a full-through traffic closure for eastbound and westbound traffic on 48th St at Crenshaw Bl. The through traffic closure of 48th St will be implemented beginning on Monday, March 26, 2018, and last six weeks.
WHAT: Through traffic street closure
WHEN: Starting on Monday, March 26, 2018 from 9am to 3:30pm and 9pm to 6am Monday through Friday; 8am to 5pm and 8pm to 6am Saturday, weather permitting.
WHERE: 48th St at Crenshaw Bl
DURATION: Six weeks
What to Expect
- Eastbound and westbound through traffic closure of 48th St at Crenshaw Bl.
- All left turn movements will be restricted at the 48th St and Crenshaw Bl intersection.
- Right turn movements for eastbound and westbound traffic will be maintained at the 48th St and Crenshaw Bl intersection.
- One pedestrian crossing will be maintained to safely cross Crenshaw Bl at all times.
- Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/