As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will continue working on civil improvements. The civil work includes saw cut, demolition, excavation and preparation of the at-grade crossing panel installation. This new phase will require a full through-traffic closure for eastbound and westbound traffic on 54th St at Crenshaw Bl. The through traffic closure of 54th St will be implemented beginning on Friday, March 23, 2018, and last three weeks.
WHAT: Through-traffic street closure
WHEN: Starting on Friday, March 23, 2018, from 9am to 3:30pm and 9pm to 6am Monday through Friday; 8am to 5pm and 8pm to 6am Saturday, weather permitting.
WHERE: 54th St. at Crenshaw Bl
DURATION: Three weeks
What to Expect
- Eastbound and westbound through traffic closure of 54th St. at Crenshaw Bl.
- All left turn movements will be restricted at the 54th St and Crenshaw Bl intersection.
- Right turn movements for eastbound and westbound traffic will be maintained at the 54th St and Crenshaw Bl intersection.
- One pedestrian crossing will be maintained to safely cross Crenshaw Bl at all times.
- Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website: