As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Hensel Phelps /Herzog JV will connect sewer lines to the Public sewer line on Arbor Vitae Street. This will require weekday closures for two eastbound lanes, one westbound lane, and the southern sidewalk on Arbor Vitae Street between Airport Blvd and Aviation Blvd. Street closures will not be implemented on the weekends. The closures will be implemented starting at 9:00 am to 3:30 pm on Wednesday, March 21, 2018, through Wednesday, April 11, 2018.
WHAT: Weekday closures to the eastbound lanes, one westbound lane, and the southern sidewalks
WHEN: Wednesday, March 21, 2018, through Wednesday, April 11, 2018. 9:00 am to 3:30 pm each weekday
WHERE: Arbor Vitae St near Bellanca Av
DURATION: Three weeks
What To Expect
- From March 21, 2018, to April 11, 2018, two eastbound lanes and the southern sidewalk will be closed for eastbound traffic on Arbor Vitae Street near Bellanca Ave. Eastbound vehicles on Arbor Vitae will be diverted to the center lane using delineators and an arrow board.
- From April 2, 2018, to April 11, 2018, the two eastbound lanes, plus one westbound lane, and the southern sidewalk will be closed on Arbor Vitae Street near Bellanca Ave. Eastbound vehicles will be diverted to the center lane using delineators and an arrow board. Westbound vehicles will be diverted to the northernmost lane using delineators and an arrow board.
- Lanes will be traffic plated and opened at 3:30 PM each day.
- Pedestrians should use the crosswalks at Airport Blvd and Aviation Blvd to use the northern sidewalk.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website: