As part of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Metro’s contractor, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will continue working on civil improvements. As part of this work, WSCC will be potholing on Florence Av and West Bl. The potholing will be done in phases but always maintaining at least one lane in each direction on Florence Av and West Bl.
Potholing activities are needed to do exploratory excavations to determine the location and depth of underground structures. This activity will take place during the course of two weeks.
WHEN: Starting the week of March 13, 2017 from 9am to 3pm, and 9pm to 6am Monday through Friday; 8am to 6pm and 8pm to 6am Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting.
WHERE: Florence Av and West Bl
DURATION: Two weeks
What to Expect
- Left turns will be restricted to southbound traffic on West Bl at Florence Av.
- Left turns onto West Bl from Florence Av will be restricted.
- Lane reductions for eastbound and westbound traffic on Florence Av.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/