As part of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Metro’s contractor, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will continue working on civil improvements in Park Mesa. The civil work includes curb and gutter reconstruction, ADA ramps, street lighting, water meter relocation, driveway and sidewalk reconstruction. The work will continue to be conducted in segments and phases.
To allow for these civil improvements, this phase will last 21 days and it will include a closure of the curbside parking on the east side of Crenshaw Bl between 57th St and Slauson Av and the west side of Crenshaw Bl between 57th and 54th St. Following the full closure, curbside parking will be reopened to pedestrians, vehicular traffic and parking.
WHAT: Civil Work Improvements
WHEN: March 6, 2017 – March 27, 2017. Monday through Sunday from 6:30am to 5pm and 9pm to 6am, weather permitting.
WHERE: East side of Crenshaw Bl between 57th St and Slauson Av and the west side of Crenshaw Bl between 57th St and 54th St
DURATION: 21 Days
What to Expect
- A five foot sidewalk will be maintained for pedestrians.
- A single Southbound and Northbound lane adjacent to work area to be closed daily.
- Curbside vehicular access will be restricted during the length of this operation.
- Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro Tap Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/