As part of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Metro is completely rebuilding the curb, gutter and sidewalk in your area. Once complete, the new streetscape will include new median landscaping, sidewalk trees, street lights, traffic signals and a repaved roadway.
Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be installing storm drain on 58th Pl and Crenshaw Bl. The installation will require saw cutting, potholing and the installation of the new storm drain, catch basin and manhole.
The activities will require a full closure of 58th Pl and a southbound lane closure on Crenshaw Bl.
Construction will last approximately two months.
WHAT: Storm Drain Installation
WHEN: February 27, 2017, Monday through Friday 6am-3pm and 6am-5pm Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting.
WHERE: 58th Pl and Crenshaw Bl
DURATION: Two months
What to Expect
- Full closure of 58th Pl between the Alley and Crenshaw Bl. Pedestrian access will be routed outside of the work area.
- A southbound lane closure on Crenshaw Bl.
- Access to emergency responders will be maintained
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/