As part of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Metro’s contractor, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will continue working on civil improvements in Park Mesa. The civil work includes curb and gutter reconstruction, ADA ramps, street lighting, traffic signals, sidewalk reconstruction, driveways and median improvements. The work will continue to be conducted in segments and phases.
The current phase will extend the road closures for northbound and southbound lanes on Crenshaw Bl, adjacent to the activity, to facilitate civil improvements. The roads will be reopened to vehicular traffic and parking daily after work hours.
WHAT: Civil Work Improvements
WHEN: Continuing February 11, 2019 through May 10, 2019. 6am to 5pm Monday through Sunday. Weather permitting.
WHERE: Northbound and southbound Crenshaw Bl between 48th St and 58th Pl
DURATION: Three months
What to Expect
Northbound and southbound lane closures adjacent to the construction activity on Crenshaw Bl between 48th St and 58th Pl.
Sidewalks in this area will be closed intermittently and pedestrians will be redirected to the opposite side of the street.
Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/