As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be preparing Metro’s property located at the corner of Crenshaw Bl and 48th St for the train control & communications (TC&C) room and Traction Power Sub Station (TPSS). This will require the permanent closure of the existing parking lot at this location. Personal vehicles will no longer be allowed to park at this location beginning February 9, 2018.
WHAT: Permanent parking lot closure
WHEN: February 9, 2018
WHERE: Northwest corner of Crenshaw Bl and 48th St
DURATION: This parking lot will be closed indefinitely
What To Expect
Personal vehicles will need to be out of the lot parking lot no later than 9 pm on February 8, 2018.
Vehicles left in the lot after February 9, 2018, will be towed.
Other temporary parking lots continue to be available at the following locations:
- Southeast corner of Crenshaw Bl and 50th
- Crenshaw Bl, just south of Vernon Av
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/