As part of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Metro is completely rebuilding the curb, gutter and sidewalk in your area. Once complete, the new streetscape will include new median landscaping, sidewalk trees, street lights, traffic signals and a repaved roadway.
Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be installing a storm drain line on 48th St between Crenshaw Bl and Victoria Av. The installation will require saw cutting and excavation and will connect to existing utilities. This will require temporary lane reductions for both westbound and eastbound traffic on 48th St, while the work is taking place. Construction will last approximately six weeks.
Upon completion of this work, the next phase of the work will include curb and gutter, ADA ramps and driveway and sidewalk construction.
WHAT: Storm Drain Installation
WHEN: Continuing August 8, 2016 through September 18, 2016 from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday, weather permitting.
WHERE: Westside of Crenshaw Blvd. between 48th St. and Westmount Ave.
DURATION: Six weeks
What to Expect
- Through-access on 48th St. will be maintained at all times.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented as needed.
- Work will take place on the north side of 48th St. and Crenshaw Blvd. west of the intersection.
- Left turns onto Crenshaw Blvd. from 48th St. will be restricted.
- Pedestrians will be directed to the south side of 48th St.
- Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat, Shop, Play Local
Website | Upcoming Events | Twitter | Facebook
Was this information useful?