As part of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Metro is constructing an underground tunnel in the Hyde Park area. Once complete, there will be a new tunnel under Crenshaw Bl between 60th St and 67th St and ending along the Metro Right-Of-Way at Victoria Ave.
Construction will take place within a work zone protected by K-rail (cement barriers), staged on the west side of the street.
Traffic along Crenshaw Bl will be maintained on the east side on the street, with two lanes of traffic in each direction.
WHAT: Cantilever support installation
WHEN: Starting June 28, 2016, 7am – 5pm Monday through Sunday, weather permitting.
WHERE: Southbound Crenshaw Blvd. between 60th St. and Hyde Park Blvd.
DURATION: Approximately two months
What to Expect
- Driveway access will be maintained and accessible via an open lane on the west side of the street and work zone.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented where work is taking place.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- There will be occasional lane closures to support certain work operations.
- Bus stops may be relocated due to this work.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.