ATTENTION COMMUTERS, RESIDENTS, AND BUSINESSES IN THE VICINITY OF THE HARBOR FREEWAY (I-110) BETWEEN ADAMS BOULEVARD AND 182ND STREET
The Metro ExpressLanes Demonstration Project along the Harbor Freeway (I-110) will lessen congestion, improve travel choices, and maximize efficiency on a heavily traveled north-south corridor connecting the South Bay to downtown Los Angeles. The project will provide a new way to move traffic in LA County by converting the existing carpool lanes on I-110 to ExpressLanes. Anticipated project completion is Fall 2012. As part of the continuing construction, the Contractor will install freeway signage, toll gantries, toll equipment, cutting loops and fiber line connections for the toll technology and infrastructure.
Installation of Freeway Signage, Toll Gantries and Toll Equipment
April 2012 through September 2012
Harbor Freeway (I-110) between Adams Boulevard in Los Angeles to 182nd Street in Gardena
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Bus Stations and HOV lanes along the Harbor Freeway (I-110) will be CLOSED WEEKDAYS between 10:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m., April 2012 through September 2012
- Bus Stations and HOV lanes along the Harbor Freeway (I-110) will be CLOSED WEEKENDS (Friday night-Saturday morning and Saturday night-Sunday morning) between 10:00 p.m. – 9:00 a.m., Friday, April 13, 2012 – Saturday, June 30, 2012
- Temporary K-rail installation in the north and south bound directions of the Harbor Freeway (I-110)
- Intermittent construction equipment entering and exiting freeway
- Intermittent traffic lane and HOV lane closures on the I-10, I-105 and I-110 freeways
- Access will be maintained for the Fire Department and emergency responders at all times
- There will be no bus service to the Rosecrans, Harbor/I-105, Manchester, Slauson, and 37th Street Stations WEEKDAYS before 6:00 am and WEEKENDS before 9:00 am. Metro Lines 450, 460, 550 and the Metro Silver Line will use the regular freeway lanes WEEKDAYS, 10:00 pm – 6:00 am and WEEKENDS, 10:00 pm – 9:00 am.
- On WEEKDAYS from 4 a.m.–6 a.m., Metro will operate a free shuttle bus on Figueroa St between Artesia Transit Center and 7th Street in Downtown LA, April 2012 - September 2012.
- On WEEKENDS (Saturday and Sunday mornings) from 4 a.m.–9 a.m., Metro will operate a free shuttle bus on Figueroa St between Artesia Transit Center and 7th Street in Downtown LA, Saturday, April 14, 2012 - Saturday, June 30, 2012.
- North of Harbor/I-105 Station at Manchester and at Slauson, passengers can also board Line 81 on Figueroa or Lines 45 or 745 on Broadway to complete their trips. Passengers at 37th Street Station can board Line 81 on Figueroa at Exposition.
- At the Harbor/I-105 Station, northbound passengers should board Lines 45, 81, or 745 on Figueroa north of 117th Street. The free shuttle bus will also serve this stop in both directions, as will Lines 450, 460, and the Metro Silver Line. Passengers at Rosecrans Station should board Torrance Line 1 or the special shuttle bus on Figueroa.
- At the Artesia Transit Center, northbound passengers can board the shuttle bus in Bay 6 to destinations south of 7th Street in Downtown LA. Passengers destined to downtown LA or beyond can use Line 450, the Silver Line to El Monte, or Line 550 to West Hollywood.
For construction related inquiries call 213.922.4200, visit www.metro.net/expresslanes or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/expresslanes.