As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) and Metro will soon begin conducting train testing activities on the north end of the project alignment. The first train activities will take place between 7am and 4pm on July 7, 2020, beginning with moving 2 light rail train vehicles north past the Downtown Inglewood Station.
WHAT: Train Repositioning
WHEN: Tuesday, July 7, 2020. 7am-4 pm. Weather permitting.
WHERE: Metro right of way between the intersections at W. Arbor Vitae St/Aviation Blvd and Brynhurst Ave.
DURATION: One Day
What To Expect
Train passing at-grade crossings at
- Florence Ave and Hindry Ave
- Florence Ave and Oak St
- Florence Ave and Cedar Ave
- Florence Ave and Eucalyptus Ave
- Florence Ave and Ivy Ave/Fir Ave
- Florence Ave and Centinela Ave
- West Blvd and Redondo Blvd
Stay Alert, Be Safe!
Metro will be conducting more frequent train testing activities along the entire alignment including underground, aerial, and all at-grade sections. Please be alert when at railroad crossings.
- Look for train crossing arms and flashing lights
- Listen for railroad crossing bells
Emergency access will be maintained