RCC will be implementing an extended closure of the 1st St and Alameda St intersection for the street restoration. A 24/7 closure is anticipated to begin on Monday, April 13, 2020, and continue until May 4, 2020.
Updated Information April 24, 2020
RCC will continue the extended closure of the 1st St and Alameda St intersection for street restoration. A 24/7 closure is anticipated to continue until Monday, May 4, 2020.
Starting on Monday, April 27, 2020, right turns from northbound Alameda St to eastbound 1st St will be restricted from 6 am to 6 pm.
- Full weekend intersection closure at 1st St/Alameda St from 6 am Friday, May 1 to 5 am Monday, May 4, 2020.
- 1st St closure from Central Av to Alameda St from May 4, 2020 to August 31, 2020
- Two (2) weekend closures of the 1st St/Alameda intersection: August 7, 2020
- August 28, 2020
- Work hours, weather permitting, are 6 am to 6 pm. Additional work may be scheduled at a later date. A supplemental notice will be issued once work is scheduled.
Additional work may be scheduled at a later date. A supplemental notice will be issued once work is scheduled.
Activities include the removal of temporary deck panels, backfill, and roadway paving for street restoration.
Access to adjacent businesses will be maintained at all times. Pedestrian crosswalks on 1st St and Alameda St may be restricted intermittently during work hours. Detour: use the pedestrian detour as an alternate route.
What to Expect
Westbound 1st St Closure
- Detour: right on northbound (NB) Vignes St, left onto Temple St, left on Judge John Aiso St, and a right turn onto 1st St. Lane reductions will be in place on Alameda St with thru traffic maintained.
- Left turns from northbound Alameda St to westbound 1st St and from southbound Alameda St to eastbound 1st St will be restricted, use Temple St or 2nd St as alternate routes.
One-block closure of 1st St from Central Av to Alameda St
Lane reductions will be in place on Alameda St with thru traffic maintained.
- EB Detour: left on Judge John Aiso St, right onto Temple St, right onto Vignes St, left onto 1st St.
- WB Detour: right on Vignes St, left on Temple St, left on Judge John Aiso St, right onto 1st St.
1st St/Alameda St Weekend Closures
A full closure of the intersection will be in place. Local access will be maintained. Detours include:
- WB 1st St: right onto US 101 North, take the Cesar Chavez Av exit onto Pleasant Av, left on Cesar Chavez Av, left on Spring St, right on 1st St.
- EB 1st St: left on Main St, right on E Cesar Chavez Av, right on Mission Rd, left on 1st St.
- NB Alameda St: left on 3rd St, right on San Pedro St, right on Temple St, left on Alameda St.
- SB Alameda St: right on Temple St, left on Judge John Aiso St, left on 4th St, right on Alameda St.
Once the temporary supports are removed and the backfill is complete, the road receives a semi-permanent finish, allowing traffic on the roadway. Plan ahead and use detour signage as an alternate route.
When working on 1 St, bus stops near the 1st St/Alameda St intersection will be relocated. Signage will identify new stops. For updates please visit metro.net/alerts.