RCC will begin removing the temporary deck panels lining the 1st St and Alameda St intersection. Street restoration is anticipated to begin as early as January 10, 2020, and continue for approximately nine months.
- Westbound 1st St from Vignes to Alameda St
January 10–May 1, 2020 | See detours
- Nine (9) full intersection closures at 1st St/Alameda Stt
January 10, 17, 24, 31; February 7, 14, 21; May 1; and August 28, 2020 (Fridays at 7 pm to Mondays at 6 am) | See detours
- One-block closure of 1st St from Central Av to Alameda St
May 4–August 31, 2020 | See detours
Additional work may be scheduled at a later date. A supplemental notice will be issued once work is scheduled.
Activities include: removal of temporary deck panels, backfill, and roadway paving for street restoration.
Access to adjacent businesses will be maintained at all times. Pedestrian crosswalks on 1st St and Alameda St may be restricted intermittently during work hours. Detour: use the pedestrian detour as an alternate route.
What to Expect
Westbound 1st St Closure
- Detour: right on northbound (NB) Vignes St, left onto Temple St, left on Judge John Aiso St, and a right back onto 1st St. Lane reductions will be in place on Alameda St with thru traffic maintained.
One-block closure of 1st St from Central Av to Alameda St
Lane reductions will be in place on Alameda St with thru traffic maintained.
- EB Detour: left on Judge John Aiso St, right onto Temple St, right onto Vignes St, left onto 1st St.
- WB Detour: right on Vignes St, left on Temple St, left on Judge John Aiso St, right onto 1st St.
1st St/Alameda St Weekend Closures
A full closure of the intersection will be in place. Local access will be maintained. Detours include:
- WB 1st St: right on Mission Rd, left on E Cesar Chavez Av, left on Spring St, right on 1st St.
- EB 1st St: left on Main St, right on E Cesar Chavez Av, right on Mission Rd, left on 1st St.
- NB Alameda St: left on 3rd St, right on San Pedro St, right on Temple St, left on Alameda St.
- SB Alameda St: right on Temple St, left on Judge John Aiso St, left on 4th St, right on Alameda St.
Once the temporary supports are removed and backfill is complete, the road receives a semi-permanent finish, allowing traffic on the roadway. Plan ahead and use detour signage as an alternate route.
When working on 1 St, bus stops near the 1st St/Alameda St intersection will be relocated. Signage will identify new stops. For updates please visit metro.net/alerts.