As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Hensel Phelps | Herzog JV will be performing street improvements. These improvements will include resurfacing of the road, replacement of sidewalk, installation of new ADA ramps, and installation of new street lights. This work will require periodic westbound lane, eastbound lane, center lane, and sidewalk closures along Arbor Vitae Street near Bellanca Av. Additionally, this work will require temporary closures of the northbound lane, sidewalk and/or compression of both lanes on Bellanca Av at the Arbor Vitae St intersection. The closures will be implemented starting on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
WHAT: Periodic weekday closures of the westbound lanes, eastbound lanes, center lane, sidewalks on Arbor Vitae St and the closure of the northbound lane on Bellanca Av at the Arbor Vitae St intersection.
WHEN: Starting Wednesday, January 2, 2019, through Friday, May 3, 2019. Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM. weather permitting.
WHERE: Arbor Vitae St near Bellanca Av
DURATION: Four months
What To Expect
- Periodic westbound, eastbound, center lane, and sidewalk closures along Arbor Vitae St.
- Temporary closures of the northbound lane, both sidewalks, and temporary compression of both the northbound and southbound lanes of Bellanca Av at Arbor Vitae St.
- Pedestrians should use crosswalks at airport Bl and Aviation Bl to use the northern and southern sidewalks as available.
- Sidewalks will be closed for approximately 72 hours after new concrete has been placed.
- Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/