In June 2018, work commenced on the North Hollywood to Pasadena BRT Planning and Environmental Study. Building on the North Hollywood to Pasadena BRT Corridor Technical Study, the Planning and Environmental Study will further evaluate potential BRT concepts and/or alignments through an Alternatives Analysis (AA) and identify a Proposed Project for the corridor. The Proposed Project, along with possibly a couple of other potential alternatives, will then advance to the environmental phase of the Study, pursuant to California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) guidelines.
The Study will also look at and identify potential opportunities to encourage Transit Oriented Communities (TOC) along the corridor.
Project goals include:
- Designing a premium transit service that is more competitive with auto travel to attract choice riders
- Improving transit access to major activity centers and employment sites
- Enhancing connectivity to Metro and regional rail services
- Providing improved passenger comfort and convenience
- Supporting community plans and transit-oriented development goals
The AA is expected to be completed by spring 2019. Once completed, preparation of a draft and final environmental document will begin with completion expected in fall 2020.
Ongoing and meaningful community input will be vital to the planning and environmental process. An initial series of community meetings will be held during the summer of 2018.