We are excited to share the proposed Draft NextGen Bus Plan (Draft Plan) with you. This Draft Plan ( please click here to access the board report ) was developed with input from you and thousands of others along with thorough technical analysis. It addresses every Metro bus route with the goal of creating a new competitive bus system that is fast, frequent, reliable and accessible .
Explore the Draft NextGen Bus Plan here .
The proposed improvements would:
- Double the number of frequent Metro bus lines
- Provide more than 80% of current bus riders with 10 minute or better frequency
- Improve and expand midday, evening and weekend service, creating an all-day, 7-day-a-week service
- Ensure a ¼-mile walk to a bus stop for 99% of current riders
- Create a more comfortable and safer waiting environment
The changes shown in this Draft Plan are proposals only. We have released them for the sole purpose of gathering your feedback on these changes. Our team will be listening to you and gathering input on the Draft Plan through April 2020. Based on what we hear, we will then develop final proposals that you will also be able to review and provide input at public hearings later this year, targeted for June.
To explore the plan in full using interactive maps and detailed line-by-line descriptions, please click here. This link also has a “Comments” section where you can provide your feedback. If you would like to provide your input to Metro staff directly, we invite you to attend one of our public workshops .