The Low-Income Fare is Easy (LIFE) program provides transportation assistance to low-income individuals in Los Angeles County. LIFE offers fare subsidies that may be applied toward the purchase of passes on Metro or any LIFE participating transit agencies OR a free regional ride option. Once enrolled, LIFE benefits can be loaded onto your TAP card at any participating vendor. In addition, if you are a Reduce fare TAP cardholder, you may also be eligible for additional savings with LIFE.
All riders, senior/disabled, K-12 grade students and full-time College/Vocational students are eligible if their incomes fall within these limits.
|Persons In household||Annual Income|
Applicants must be 18 years or older to be enrolled as a dependent.
- If you are going to email your application, attach a picture file of required documents.
- If you are going to mail your application, submit a copy of required documents.
Be sure to gather your required legal documents:
- 1. Government-issued picture ID
- 2. Proof of income (check stub, Medi-Cal, EBT, Social Security award or Tax return.)
- 3. Any valid regular (blue) or reduced fare (orange) TAP card.
- Once your enrollment has been confirmed, you’re ready to buy a pass with the LIFE discount.
Buy a pass with the LIFE discount for the 20 free regional rides:
- Visit your local TAP vendor .
- Call 866.TAPTOGO
- Visit taptogo.net
You are now ready to ride on any of the LIFE participating transit systems.