Starting July 1, 2019 , LIFE benefits will no longer be distributed as paper coupons. All benefits will be loaded directly onto your TAP card.
To redeem LIFE subsidies with TAP : Take your registered LIFE TAP card to any TAP-participating vendor and load your fare option.
2. Create or log in to your account with your LIFE registered TAP card
3. Make your choice of the following Fare options
Fare options : You can choose to purchase or load one of the following options each month.
- Discount on the purchase of four Metro 7-day passes or participating operator equivalent passes (see below)
- Discount on the purchase of one discounted Metro 30-day pass or participating operator equivalent pass
- One discounted EZ Pass (except Norwalk Transit)
- 20 regional rides (the rides will be loaded on your TAP card with no purchase necessary)
You will only have to re-enroll in the LIFE program at an agency once year. No need to visit an agency every six months.
Requirement to Enroll in the Program
Be sure to bring all of the following to your agency:
- Valid picture ID
- Proof of income (check stub, Medi-Cal, Lifeline, public benefit, tax return or free-reduced lunch)
- Valid TAP card
- Optional: Email address
Request More Information:
To find out more about the LIFE program, please call 213.922.2378 or fill out the following form and someone will contact you shortly.