July 13, 2016
Airport Metro Connector 96th Street Transit Station Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) Public Hearing
Public Scoping Meeting
Metro hosted a public scoping meeting on February 23, 2015 to discuss the project being evaluated and solicit public input for the environmental study. You may view the presentation from the meeting at insert link or view the meeting webstream at ustream.tv/channel/airport-metro-connector .
Metro is examining ways to connect the growing Metro Rail system to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
Metro completed the Alternatives Analysis (AA) Report for the Metro Green Line to LAX Project, and it is available for review online at metro.net/greenlinetolax . Click on the “ Reports and Info ” tab on the right hand side of the web page for a link to the AA Report, April 2012 Board Presentation, and April 2012 Board Report.
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Board of Directors received and filed the Metro Green Line to LAX AA Report and renamed the “Metro Green Line to LAX” project to the “Airport Metro Connector” at the Metro Board of Directors Meeting on April 26, 2012 at Metro Headquarters, One Gateway Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
We hosted an Open House and two Community Workshops to update stakeholders on the alternatives under consideration.
- Open House - February 29, 2012 – Union Station/Gateway Transit Center – East Portal, One Gateway Plaza, P1 Level (Near the Fish Tank), Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Community Workshop – March 1, 2012 – Flight Path Learning Center, 6661 West Imperial Highway, Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Community Workshop – March 7, 2012 - Union Station - Historic Ticketing Concourse, 800 North Alameda Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
A live video stream of the community workshops’ presentations can be viewed at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/green-line-to-lax .
View the presentation from the 2011 stakeholder briefings.
We hosted three community workshops to introduce stakeholders to the study. View workshop boards .
- August 23, 2011 - Flight Path Learning Center, 6661 W Imperial Hwy, Los Angeles, CA 90045
- August 25, 2011 - Metro Headquarters, One Gateway Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90012
- August 30, 2011 - Veterans' Memorial Complex - Yanji Iksan Room, Culver City, CA 90230