Taylor Yard is a 242-acre former rail yard site located on the Los Angeles River, just north of Elysian Park and the I-5/Arroyo Seco Parkway intersection. Metro owns or has operating rights to approximately 76.5 acres of Taylor Yard and is developing 17.75 acres into a mixed-use neighborhood with developers McCormack Baron Salazar and LA Urban Homes. Metro’s 17.75 acres is being developed as seven separate projects on seven subdivided lots in seven distinct phases, all held together by roadways and open space, as indicated below. When complete, this community will include 95 market-rate condominiums, 305 affordable apartments (197 for families and 108 for seniors), and 25,000 square feet of retail space. Currently, four of the projects are complete, one is under construction, and two have yet to start construction. Each project is being constructed and operated by the developers under separate ground leases with Metro.
Project Site Information
- Site Map
- Satellite Map
- Acres: 17.75
- Jurisdiction: City of Los Angeles
- Lot 1: 1.6 acres, 87 affordable apartments for families
- Lot 2A: 3.4 acres, 54 for-sale condominiums
- Lot 2B: 1.4 acres, 42 affordable apartments for families
- Lot 3: 1.8 acres, 68 affordable apartments for families
- Lot 4: 1.9 acres, 41 for-sale condominiums
- Lot 5A: 1.8 acres, 108 affordable apartments for seniors and 8,290 square feet of retail
- Lot 5B: 0.75 acres, 16,690 square feet of retail
- Lots 6-8: 3.6 acres, private road, infrastructure, and open space
- Dedication Area: 1.5 acres, widening of San Fernando Rd. and Extension of Arvia St.
The Taylor Yard Joint Development sites are at different phases of development. Below are the latest updates.
- Lot 2A: The developer, TY Taylor 55, LLC, a LA Urban Homes development entity, began construction of site improvements on this lot under a license agreement issued July 2016. Construction of the 41 homes has continued under a ground lease executed in June 2017.
- Lot 2B: This lot is not yet under ground lease. Developer McCormack Baron Salazar estimates execution of a ground lease and commencement of construction in the fourth quarter of 2018, once project entitlements are awarded, design review is complete, and project financing is secured.
- Lot 5B: This lot is under ground lease to Taylor Yard Commercial, LLC, a McCormack Baron Salazar development entity. Project construction is expected to begin once an operator for the proposed retail space has been selected and a sublease has been executed.
- Lot 1: This project is complete and occupied. The lot is under ground lease to Rio Visa Apts, L.P., a McCormack Baron Salazar development entity.
- Lot 3: This project is complete and occupied. The lot is under ground lease to Taylor Yard, L.P., a McCormack Baron Salazar development entity.
- Lot 4: This project is complete and all condominiums have been sold. The lot is under ground lease to TY Taylor 41 Owners Association, this project’s homeowner’s association.
- Lot 5A: This project is complete and its apartments are occupied, but the retail component is still available for lease. Parties interested in the retail space should contact Marty Shelton of NAI Capital at (310) 440-8500 x123 or at email@example.com . The lot is under ground lease to Taylor Yard Senior Housing, L.P., a McCormack Baron Salazar development entity
- Lots 6-8: Infrastructure and open space improvements are complete, except for one park area being used for construction staging. The lots are under ground lease to Taylor Yard Master Association.
- Dedication Area: The dedications, roadway, and infrastructure improvements in this area are complete.
Metro welcomes your input on the Joint Development efforts. Please share your thoughts and comments in the form below: