Metro released the Draft Development Guidelines for the Division 6 site on April 1, 2019. These Guidelines define a vision for development of the site based on extensive community outreach initiated in the fall of 2018. The Guidelines identify land use policies and regulations that currently apply to the site and provide additional specific requirements and objectives such as building height, density, pedestrian circulations, public art, ground floor uses and more. Once the guidelines are finalized and approved by Metro’s Board they will be utilized to solicit proposals from developers and will be the basis for Metro to evaluate and ultimately select the best suited project.
On February 20, 2019, Metro held an open house to summarize what Metro heard through the outreach process and present and gather feedback on the preliminary elements of the draft Development Guidelines. There were five stations summarizing different sections of the proposed development guidelines. Each station had a facilitator to capture feedback and answer questions. In addition, a pop-up open house was also held on March 1, 2019, at the Venice Farmers market. The five stations included information about the following topics:
- Station 1 : The Joint Development Process, Development Guidelines and Outreach Efforts
- Station 2 : Community Space, Housing, and Other Uses
- Station 3 : Circulation, Organization and Pedestrian Experience and Scale, Massing, and Character
- Station 4 : Neighborhood Connectivity, and Transportation and Mobility
- Station 5 : Sustainability and Resilience.
Metro welcomes you to share any thoughts or comments about the project via our online comment form .
Metro plans to begin developer solicitation in the Summer of 2019.