In the fall of 2018, Metro’s Joint Development team initiated an outreach effort to facilitate a community visioning process for the long-term reuse of the site. The team used various methods to gather feedback and ideas about how the site could be developed to have broader positive community impact, increase mobility connections and improve quality of life.
Summary of Outreach Efforts to Date
- Series of focus group sessions
- Workshop 1: What is the Community’s Vision, October 25, 2018
- Workshop 2: Refining the Vision. December 1, 2018
- Open House: Preview of Development Guidelines, February 20, 2019
- Information booths at the Venice Farmers Market
- "Virtual Workshops" with over 1,300 participants
- Participation in various Venice community events
- 9,000 hand-delivered information flyers
- Comments received through project website, comment cards, email, and social media
At any point during this process, Metro welcomes you to share any thoughts or comments about the project via our online comment form . Sign up for email updates about this project via our sign up form .