In April 2014, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) adopted the First/Last Mile Strategic Plan and Planning Guidelines. The Inglewood First/Last Mile Plan is a joint effort between Metro and the City of Inglewood to develop first/last mile improvements for five stations in and adjacent to the City. These stations include,
- Fairview Heights Station (Crenshaw/LAX Line)
- Downtown Inglewood Station (Crenshaw/LAX Line)
- Westchester/Veterans Station (Crenshaw/LAX Line)
- Aviation/96 th St. Station (Crenshaw/LAX Line and Airport Metro Connector)
- Crenshaw Station (Green Line)
The Inglewood First/Last Mile Plan is the first first/last mile project receiving committed implementation funding from the City of Inglewood.