Subsidy Fare Media
There are three types of transportation subsidies under the INTP Program:
- Taxi Coupon ($11 value, effective July 1, 2008)
- Variable Value Voucher
- Metro Tokens/Foothill Transit Day Passes/Antelope Valley Transit Authority (AVTA) Day Pass/SCRIP
An eligible participant may receive $11 taxi coupons, Variable Value Vouchers, Metro tokens, and/or scrip. Regardless of the specific subsidy or combination of subsidy issued, an individual may not receive more than $35 in subsidy value per month.
- Each coupon has a fixed maximum value of $11. For estimating purposes, this covers a distance of approximately 3 miles.
Variable Value Vouchers
- Variable Value Vouchers are for emergencies only. They are available for travel only to certain agencies such as hospitals, shelters, the corrections department and those serving homebound seniors, with no ASI access.
Transit Tokens & Scrip
- Participants who can use regular bus or rail transportation for some of their INTP trips will be issued transit tokens for the appropriate transit system.
- Metro tokens are available through this program.
- Each client may receive no more than $35 in transit tokens/scrip.
- Foothill Transit Day Passes are available through agencies in the Foothill District.
- AVTA Day Passes are available through the agencies in the AVTA service area.