Effective July 1, 2019, INTP will transition into the Low-Income Fare is Easy (LIFE) program. For more information click on the “Changes are coming to INTP” tab.
The Immediate Needs Transportation Program (INTP) provides transit subsidies or in special circumstances subsidized taxi service for Los Angeles County residents with limited resources who have a qualifying trip purpose and no other resources to meet that transportation need. The eligible trip purposes are; food bank, shelter, job search/interview, etc.
The service is made available throughout Los Angeles County via a network of over 500 not-for-profit and governmental agencies that include medical centers, homeless service providers and shelters, senior and domestic violence centers that distribute transit tokens, taxi coupons and/or scrip to their clients.
There are three types of transportation subsidies under the INTP Program:
Transit Tokens (effective until June 30, 2019)
- Participants who can use regular bus or rail transportation for their qualifying trips will be issued transit tokens.
Antelope Valley Transit Authority (AVTA) Day Pass/SCRIP
- AVTA Day Passes are available through the agencies in the AVTA service area.
- Taxi coupons are issued to eligible participants with a qualifying trip purpose. The taxi coupons will be issued based on the urgency or immediacy of the trip and health, frailty or safety of the participant. Each coupon has a fixed maximum value of $11.
Individuals who have no transportation resources and are not receiving subsidies from other program such ACCESS (ASI), their City Ride, or SHORE, LIFE program or other INTP agencies that cover like services.
There is no age limit, but minors under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult in order to receive fare media.
Trip Purpose Eligibility
Trip Purposes Eligible for INTP fare subsidy:
- Job Search (application process only)
- Medical Appointment
- Court Appearance
- Shelter (qualifies for VVV)
- Food Banks
- Hospital Release of cancer patients, persons with weak immune systems and children (qualifies for VVV)
Case Management is ONLY eligible if:
- Recommended by the case / social worker
- Drug / Alcohol treatment / dependency visits
- Social Security office visits
Medical Emergencies do not qualify for eligible trip purpose.
Trip purposes NOT eligible for INTP fare subsidy:
- Class / School Attendance
- Any non-essential trip
- Other frequent or recurring activity
- Other purposes deemed inappropriate by Metro or the agency.