The Project’s goals include:
- Enhance mobility and quality of life for the community
- Improve public safety
- Minimize disruptions during construction
- Meet transportation needs while minimizing adjacent impacts as much as possible
- Improve the roadway by:
- Reconstructing the interchange
- Capacity and operational enhancement with additional mixed flow, HOV, and/or auxiliary lanes
- Adding other modifications that enhance the driving experience
There are several benefits for this Project:
- I-605/I-5 interchange improvements will provide relief from excessive congestion, provide safer operations, and create a less-stressful commute for motorists.
- Improvements from the project are expected to help alleviate future impacts of regional growth and freeway congestion.
- Upgraded freeway operations increases mobility and lessens congestion resulting in improved air and noise pollution, providing a better quality of life in the adjacent cities.
- Improvements to the I-605/I-5 interchange will provide context sensitive solutions that take into account the local communities rich heritages and histories.