Proceeds from California’s Cap-and-Trade Program are deposited into the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund to fund projects that help the state meet its climate goals. These California Climate Investments are made through various programs for transportation and sustainable communities, clean and efficient energy, and natural resources and waste diversion. Cap-and-Trade funding opportunities for transportation and related sustainable communities projects are summarized below.
Provides funds to plan, design, build, and operate a California high-speed rail system.
Metro’s High-Speed Rail related projects:
Funds projects by designated transportation planning agencies and transit operators that support bus or rail services, new transit routes, expansion of bus connections, fare reduction, voucher programs, and more.
http :// www.dot.ca.gov/drmt/splctop.html
Metro’s Low Carbon Transit Operations projects:
Metro’s Transit & Intercity Rail Capital projects:
2018 TIRCP Awards
- East San Fernando Valley Transit Corridor
- Gold Line Foothill Extension
- Green Line Extension to Torrance
- North Hollywood to Pasadena Transit Corridor
- Vermont Corridor
- West Santa Ana Branch Transit Corridor
2016 TIRCP Awards
- Airport Metro Connector 96th Street Transit Station
- Division 20 Portal Widening & Turnback Facility Project East San Fernando Valley Transit Corridor
2015 TIRCP Awards