Annual Benefits to LA County
- $325,000,000 savings to motorists in time and fuel based on $25,000,000 annual budget and a 13:1 benefit to cost ratio – for every $1 spent, there is a $13 benefit to motorists
- 300,000 assists performed each year (average), and over 7,000,000 assists since 1991
- 9,454,840 hours motorists saved from sitting in traffic
- 16,253,000 gallons of fuel savings
- 150,000 kg of emissions savings
- The average wait time for FSP service is seven minutes (the average wait time for AAA service is over 30 minutes)
- The Los Angeles County FSP program generates one-half of the cumulative benefits of the 14 FSP programs in the state
- 149 tow and service trucks operating during peak commuting hours
- 44 tow trucks operating during the middle of the day (weekdays)
- 43 tow trucks operating weekends during the heaviest travel hours
- 43 beats (designated freeway segments contracted to tow service providers)
- 475 freeway miles serviced in LA County
The FSP program is designed to assist motorists in the following categories and areas:
- General Purpose Freeway Lanes: Assistance for most cars, light trucks, vans and SUVs weighing less than 6,000 GVWR.
- Big Rig Lanes: Assistance on the I-710 and the SR-91 Freeways to semi-trucks with trailers and other large vehicles.
- ExpressLanes: Assistance to motorists utilizing the ExpressLanes segments of the I-110 and I-10 corridors.