Held on May 9th, 2013, the Transit Climate Adaptation roundtable offered transit agencies and industry professionals in the region an opportunity to exchange information and strategies for climate adaptation.
Below are the presentations from the event:
- FTA Climate Adaptation Initiative & Pilot Projects
- LA Climate Impacts
- Metrics for Tracking Climate Change Adaptation
- Metro APTA Background
- Metro Climate Adaptation Efforts
Hosted by Metro on August 21st, 2013, the Climate Adaptation Planning for Transit and Fleet Operators webinar was the final outreach component of the FTA Climate Adaptation Pilot. The goal was to build upon the roundtable event, and to provide resources on both mitigation and adaptation strategies.
The presentations below include information on GHG accounting, climate change policy and associated funding opportunities, and new vehicle technologies, which can help agencies reduce their emissions and their operational costs:
- Metro: Webinar Introduction
- FTA: Overview of Pilot Program
- AECOM: A Look into Metro’s GHG Inventory
- ECS: Opportunities for Funding & Synchronization
- CALSTART: Emerging Technologies & Funding Opportunities
This video was produced to educate Metro’s riders about the agency’s efforts to reduce its environmental impact, and prepare the region for changing climate conditions.