The Regional Connector is a rail extension that will connect the Metro A (Blue), L (Gold) and E (Expo) Lines with three new stations in downtown Los Angeles.
Disclaimer: Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
Metro bus stops may be relocated. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GO.METRO or visit metro.net/advisories .
Downtown LA Street Closures
Street restoration for the Regional Connector Transit Project continues as Metro builds three new underground stations in downtown Los Angeles. When completed in 2022, the underground light rail system will allow continuous travel between Azusa and Long Beach, and between East Los Angeles and Santa Monica, connecting Metro A (Blue), L (Gold) and E (Expo) Lines without needing to transfer trains.
Before we get there, crews will remove the temporary deck panels lining the 1st St/Alameda St intersection and build the underground tunnel box along Alameda St to connect the new alignment to the existing L (Gold) Line tracks.
Street restoration closures at Little Tokyo/Arts District station site:
- 1st St from Alameda St to Central Av, May 1 through August 31(Exhibit A)
- 1st St/Alameda St weekend intersection closure, August 7 and August 28, 2020 (Exhibit B)
Street restoration efforts will continue throughout the alignment in calendar years 2020 and 2021 at the following locations: (Exhibit C)
Little Tokyo/Arts District Station
- Central Av from 1st St to 2nd St
Historic Broadway Stations
- 2nd St from Broadway to Spring St
Grand Av Arts/Bunker Hill Station
- Hope St from 2nd St to 3rd St
Flower St tunnel box
- Flower St from 4th St to Wilshire Blvd
Alameda tunnel box construction will continue in Fall 2020 through Fall 2022 with the following configurations:
- Alameda St from 1st St to Commercial St
- Temple St from Alameda St to Garey St
Gold Line Service Interruption:
- Train service interruption from Union Station to Little Tokyo/Arts District Station and Pico/Aliso Station
Please plan ahead and use alternate routes when traveling through downtown Los Angeles.
ONE-BLOCK CLOSURE OF 1ST ST FROM CENTRAL AV TO ALAMEDA ST
May 4 – August 31, 2020
1ST ST/ALAMEDA ST INTERSECTION WEEKEND CLOSURES
August 7 & August 28, 2020