Adjacent to Union Station in downtown LA, the Patsaouras Plaza Busway Station is a new transit busway station for the Metro J Line (Silver) and other transit buses operating on the El Monte Busway.
The busway station is located south of Patsaouras Transit Plaza in the median of the El Monte Busway next to US-101, and makes it easy and safe for J Line (Silver) and other Metro and Foothill Transit bus riders to access Union Station to make transit connections to bus, light rail and heavy rail (including Metrolink and Amtrak).
Effective Nov. 1, 2020, all bus service is relocating from Arcadia St/Alameda St (El Monte Busway) to Patsaouras Bus Plaza, Bays 1-15 for the following bus lines:
- Metro J Line (Silver) 910/950 and 487
- Foothill Transit 490, 493, 495, 498, 499, 699 and Silver Streak
Passengers can access new bays through Union Station.
- A new pedestrian bridge provides transit riders a walkway between the Patsaouras Transit Plaza and the busway station and platform, which also features elevators and stairs.
- For customer convenience, the station is equiped with a shade canopy, TAP vending machines, seating, lighting and electronic message signs.
- Closed-circuit TV surveilllance (CCTV) is installed to allow commuters with a safer passage through the Union-Patsaouras Plaza.
Patsaouras Plaza at Union Station, Downtown Los Angeles.
Construction started in fall 2016, and the busway station opened on Nov. 1, 2020.