Major improvements for Metro’s oldest and most heavily used line.
Upgrades to all of the Blue Line stations have been completed. Thank you for your cooperation during this effort and stay tuned for future improvements.
Among the upgrades are:
- Camera and video enhancements Completed July 2015
- New safety signage at pedestrian crossings In progress
- Additional law enforcement and security personnel. In progress
Track and Cars In progress
- Refurbish 52 rail cars
- Purchase 78 new rail cars
- Track replacement as needed
Stations rehabilitation Completed July 2015
- New canopies
- Improved lighting
- Floor tile repair
- Additional security cameras
Pedestrian Bridge Installation In progress
Visit the Metro Facts at a Glance page for more Blue Line information.