- March 19, 2018
- Metro to Host Interactive Telephone Town Hall Meetings April 4 & 5 to Gather Input about the Agency’s FY 2019 Budget and the NextGen Bus Study
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will host two live, interactive telephone town hall meetings from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday April 4 and Thursday, April 5, to talk about your tax dollars at work and how they are being invested in the transportation revolution now in progress in Los Angeles County. Along with Metro’s budget development outreach for the coming year, there will be an introduction into the NextGen Bus Study with the goal of designing a new bus network that is more relevant, reflective of, and attractive to the residents of L.A. County. This redesigned network will improve service to current customers, attract new customers and win back past customers. The meetings will be simulcast in English and Spanish.
- Keywords: Telephone Town Hall, FY2019, NextGen Bus Study
- March 14, 2018
- Go Metro to the 2018 L.A. Marathon March 18
The 2018 Annual Los Angeles Marathon will return this Sunday, March 18 and getting to the finish line – and home again – via Metro is again an easy ride on the Expo Line.
- Keywords: LA Marathon, Expo Line
- March 09, 2018
- Metro’s Dodger Stadium Express Will Continue to Serve South Bay Communities
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) and L.A. County Supervisor Janice Hahn today announced that the popular Dodger Stadium Express bus service will again be offered for the 2018 baseball season. In addition to the service from Union Station to Dodger Stadium, Metro and Supervisor Hahn have worked together to secure additional funding to preserve the Dodger Stadium Express service traveling from the Harbor Gateway Transit Center in the South Bay via Metro ExpressLanes along to I-110 Harbor Freeway.
- Keywords: Dodger Stadium Express. South Bay, Harbor Gateway Transit Center
- March 05, 2018
- L.A. Metro, Transportation Security Administration to Test Latest Advanced Passenger Screening System at 7th Street/Metro Center Station
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro), in partnership with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and ThruVis TAC, will test the latest advanced passenger weapons and explosives screening system at the 7th Street/Metro Center Station March 6 and 7.
- Keywords: L.A. Metro, Transportation Security Administration, Advanced Passenger Screening System
- February 23, 2018
- L.A. Metro Breaks Ground on Section Two of Purple Line Extension Project to Downtown Beverly Hills and Century City
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) joined local, state and federal officials today to break ground on Section 2 of the Metro Purple Line Extension Project that will add 2.6-miles of new subway service to downtown Beverly Hills and Century City.
- Keywords: Purple Line Extension Project, Downtown Beverly Hills, Century City
- February 20, 2018
- Metro ExpressLanes Celebrate 5th Anniversary along I-10 Freeway
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will kick off a weeklong celebration beginning today with free gifts for those opening new ExpressLanes accounts and user appreciation giveaways in celebration of the 5th anniversary of the successful Metro ExpressLanes along the I-10 San Bernardino Freeway.
- Keywords: ExpressLanes, I-10, San Bernardino