- February 15, 2018
- Metro Celebrates a Quarter Century of Progress to Transform Transportation in Los Angeles County
Today the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) celebrated the 25th anniversary of its formation and noted key milestones that have dramatically improved transportation options for L.A. County’s nearly 10 million residents.
- January 31, 2018
- Metro to Present New “Life Underground” Web Documentary Series at Los Angeles Union Station
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro), in partnership with filmmaker Hervé Cohen, will present Life Underground, an immersive media installation and interactive web documentary featuring subway rider stories from across the globe at Los Angeles Union Station January 30 to February 5.
- January 29, 2018
- Metro Red Line Subway Celebrates 25 Years of Service
Elected officials and community stakeholders joined Los Angeles Mayor and Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s (Metro) Board Chair Eric Garcetti today to celebrate the Metro Red Line’s 25th birthday. The popularity of the subway system sparked a renaissance of rail planning and construction in L.A. County that now spans 105 miles of Metro Rail, with four new projects currently under construction.
- Keywords: Red Line
- January 22, 2018
- Regional Connector Tunnel Boring Machine “Angeli” Retires Following Completion of Two Twin Tunnels for the Underground Light Rail Project
Angeli, the tunnel boring machine (TBM) mining the underground tunnels for the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s (Metro) Regional Connector Transit Project, achieved a key construction milestone this month by completing the second tunnel and will now officially retire from the light rail project.
- Keywords: Regional Connector, Tunnel Boring Machine, Angeli