- March 22, 2019
- Metro’s Dodger Stadium Express Service from Union Station and Harbor Gateway Transit Center to the Ballpark Starts March 26
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is set to provide free Dodger Stadium Express bus service from Union Station in downtown Los Angeles and the South Bay Harbor Gateway Transit Center for the 2019 baseball season. Service begins with the exhibition game between the Dodgers and Angels on Tuesday, March 26, and for the regular season opener on Thursday, March 28, against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Keywords: Dodger Stadium Express, Union Station, Harbor Gateway Transit Center
- March 18, 2019
- L.A. Metro to Hold Two Community Meetings for the Metro Orange Line Bus Rapid Transit Improvements Project March 26 and 27
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will hold two community open houses on March 26 and 27 to update the public on planned safety and speed improvements for Metro Orange Line BRT Improvements Project. Community members are encouraged to attend and provide their input.
- Keywords: Community meeting, Orange Line, Bus Rapid Transit Improvements Project
- March 18, 2019
- Metro to Hold Four Community Meetings to Evaluate Routes for Northern Extension of the Crenshaw/LAX Line
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is holding four community meetings in March to evaluate alternatives to extend the Crenshaw/LAX Line to the north with connections to the Metro Expo, Purple and Red Lines as well as numerous bus lines. The public is encouraged to attend and participate in the planning of this important transit project.
- Keywords: Crenshaw/LAX, Community Meeting, Northern Extension
- March 08, 2019
- Metro’s Art Program Features Photographic Portraits at Union Station of Women Working at Metro
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is featuring Metro female employees in a variety of professions through a series of photographic portraits now on display at Union Station.
- Keywords: Metro Art, Union Station, Forward Motion
- March 01, 2019
- Metro Opens New Bike Hub at Culver City Expo Line Station to Provide Safe, Secure Bicycle Parking
Bringing secure bicycle parking to one of the highest demand rail stations on the Westside, The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today announced the opening of a new Metro Bike Hub at the Expo Line Station in Culver City.
- Keywords: Bicycle parking, Culver City, Bike hub
- February 28, 2019
- Metro Board Unanimously Approves Key Recommendations for Metro’s Bold “Re-Imagining of L.A. County” Transportation Initiative
In a significant vote to relieve traffic congestion and combat climate change, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors today unanimously voted to further explore congestion relief pricing and new mobility fees for ride share companies. Both are strategies in Metro’s “Re-Imagining of Los Angeles County: Mobility, Equity and the Environment” plan.
- Keywords: Congestion relief pricing, ride share
- February 27, 2019
- Metro and LADOT to Launch Westside Expansion of Metro Bike Share Program and Introduce New Smart Bikes at CicLAvia Open Streets Event on Sunday, March 3
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) and the Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT) have announced that the popular Metro Bike Share Program will officially expand to West Los Angeles in time for CicLAvia – Culver City Meets Mar Vista + Palms presented by Metro this Sunday, March 3.
- Keywords: Metro Bike Share, CicLAvia Open Streets, LADOT
- February 25, 2019
- Metro, LADOT Partner to Expand Metro’s Bike Share Program to New Central Los Angeles Communities
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro), in partnership with the Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT), has begun expansion of its Metro Bike Share network into Central Los Angeles, with more than 40 new stations in MacArthur Park, Rampart Village, Koreatown, Echo Park, Silver Lake and surrounding communities.
- Keywords: Metro Bike Share, LADOT, Central Los Angeles