- July 12, 2018
- L.A. Metro Reduces Bike Share Fares, Plans Expansion to New Downtown Areas and Westside Communities
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has made several major improvements to its countywide bike share program that will make using shared bicycles more affordable and accessible for short-distance trips.
- Keywords: Metro Bike Share Fares
- July 03, 2018
- Regional Connector Transit Project Decking Installation Work to Start Saturday, July 7 along Flower Street in Downtown Los Angeles
Regional Connector Constructors (RCC) work crews under contract to the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will begin a series of full weekend closures along portions of Flower Street in downtown Los Angeles between 5th Street and Wilshire Boulevard to perform decking installation activities for the Regional Connector Transit Project.
- Keywords: Regional Connector, Flower Street, Downtown Los Angeles
- June 29, 2018
- L.A. Metro Board Approves Light Rail for East San Fernando Valley Transit Corridor Project
Marking a historic transit milestone for the San Fernando Valley, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors approved light rail as the official technology for the East San Fernando Valley Transit Corridor Project that will connect the Metro Orange Line Station in Van Nuys with the Metrolink Station in Sylmar/San Fernando.
- Keywords: Light Rail East San Fernando
- June 29, 2018
- Metro to Hold Veteran Summer Slam Employment Fair on June 29
Forty private and public employers will be recruiting and hiring during the Veteran Summer Slam Employment Fair to be held on Friday, June 29 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at L.A. Union Station. The fair is open to all job seekers and is specially designed to help military veterans make a successful transition to civilian life.
- Keywords: Veteran Summer Slam
- June 28, 2018
- L.A. Metro Officials to Announce Light Rail Coming to the San Fernando Valley to Connect Van Nuys and Sylmar/San Fernando
L.A. Mayor and Metro Board Chair Eric Garcetti, L.A. City Councilmembers Krekorian, Rodriguez, Martinez and a host of local and state elected officials will meet at the Van Nuys Metro Orange Line Station to announce the Metro Board’s approval of light rail as the official technology for the East San Fernando Valley Transit Corridor Project now under environmental review.
- Keywords: Light Rail Coming to the San Fernando Valley
- June 28, 2018
- Metro Vision 2028 Plan to Improve and Expand Mobility across Los Angeles County is Adopted by Board of Directors
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s (Metro) big picture plan, Metro Vision 2028, which explains the strategies the agency plans to use to improve mobility and quality of life across Los Angeles County over the next decade, was approved Thursday by the Metro Board of Directors.
- Keywords: Metro Vision 2028 Plan
- June 22, 2018
- Metro to Expand All-Door Boarding to Vermont Avenue Metro Rapid Line 754 Effective Sunday, June 24
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will expand all-door boarding to the busy Vermont Avenue Rapid Line 754 to speed up transit trips and reduce the time buses dwell at stops.
- Keywords: All-Door Boarding, Rapid Line 754, Vermont Avenue