- January 23, 2020
- LA Metro Board of Directors Approves Extension, Expansion of Innovative Rideshare Pilot Partnership with Via
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors today approved an extension to the agency’s innovative rideshare pilot partnership with Via. The vote extends the pilot program for another six months with the option for Metro CEO Phillip A. Washington to extend it another six months at his discretion. It also will allow for an expansion of the pilot’s hours in all three service zones and the addition of weekend service.
- Keywords: Rideshare, Via, pilot partnership
- January 23, 2020
- Metro to Hold 12 Community Workshop Meetings in February Seeking Input on NextGen Bus Plan Service Concepts
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will hold 12 community workshop meetings in February to gather public input on the agency’s NextGen Bus Plan that will redesign and reimagine the agency’s vast bus system to meet the needs of today’s riders. Additional meetings are planned for March and April.
- Keywords: Community Workshop, NextGen Bus Plan
- January 22, 2020
- L.A. Metro Announces Several New Executive Appointments to Its Senior Leadership Team to Continue Transforming L.A. County Transportation
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has hired several new top executives to help the agency strategically implement the largest transportation infrastructure improvement program in the nation.
- Keywords: Senior Leadership Team
- January 16, 2020
- Metro ExpressLanes Making Key Upgrades
The Metro ExpressLanes in January will be making several key changes to improve the customer experience, including a new ‘pay-as-you-go’ pilot program, improved service centers, new back office and roadside systems and a new website.
- Keywords: ExpressLanes
- January 16, 2020
- Go Metro to the Women’s March in Downtown Los Angeles
With thousands projected to attend the Women’s March Los Angeles on Saturday, Jan. 18, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is planning extra rail service and security for the event.
- Keywords: Women's March
- January 15, 2020
- Go Metro to 35th Annual Kingdom Day Parade on Monday, January 20
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) encourages the public to Go Metro as a convenient and quick way to travel to the 35th annual Kingdom Day Parade on Monday, January 20, to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Keywords: Kingdom Day Parade, Expo Line
- January 13, 2020
- L.A. Metro Receives Strong Interest from Five Qualified Contractor Teams to Help Develop a Major Transit Line to Connect the San Fernando Valley, Westside and LAX
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has cleared five teams to compete for the opportunity to help develop the agency’s massive Sepulveda Transit Corridor Project, an ambitious mega-project that will build a high-speed, high-capacity transit line directly connecting the San Fernando Valley and the Westside, and ultimately with LAX.
- Keywords: Sepulveda Transit Corridor Project, San Fernando Valley, Westside, LAX
- December 26, 2019
- Regional Connector Street Restoration Work near the Little Tokyo/Arts District Station begins January 10, 2020; Various Street Closures and Weekend Closures Are Planned
As part of the Regional Connector Transit Project, contractors for the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will begin street restoration work in the area of the Little Tokyo/Arts District Station beginning January 10 with traffic impacts in the area through August 31, 2020.
- Keywords: Regional Connector, Street Restoration Work