- July 18, 2016
- Two 60 Freeway On-Ramps to Close for Subsurface Studies as Part of Eastside 2 Project “SR-60” Alternative
As part of the Eastside Transit Corridor Phase 2 project Technical Study, Metro is planning to perform a subsurface investigation along SR 60 near the Greenwood Avenue bridge on Tuesday, July 19, and Wednesday 20, 2016. The work is to evaluate the adequacy and integrity of the soil along the freeway for the potential rail line.
- Keywords: 60 freeway
- July 15, 2016
- Twenty-One Women Graduate from Metro/L.A. Trade Tech Construction Boot Camp “Women Build Metro Los Angeles”
Twenty-one women today graduated from the first Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) all-female construction boot camp as part of the Women Build Metro Los Angeles program. Six weeks of training were held at Los Angeles Trade Technical College (LATTC) facilities in downtown Los Angeles. The boot camp trained participants on heavy lifting, shoveling and wheelbarrow use among other activities.
- Keywords: women, L.A. Trade Tech, construction, graduate
- July 13, 2016
- Metro Invites Public to Choose Name and Art Work for Regional Connector Tunnel Boring Machine that will Excavate Twin Tunnels for the Project
The public is invited to help choose a name and art work for the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Regional Connector Transit Project’s tunnel boring machine (TBM) that later this year will begin digging twin tunnels for the project.
- Keywords: regional connector, tbm
- July 12, 2016
- Even Pokémon GO Metro
It seems as if the entire world is now playing Pokémon GO, the new game that allows participants to hunt virtual Pokémon in the real world with their smart phones. Plenty of transit riders are also hopping on board Metro with Pokémon often appearing on buses, trains and in stations.
- Keywords: pokemon go, go metro, fun and games
- July 07, 2016
- Bike Sharing Comes to Downtown L.A. Hundreds of Bicyclists Converge on Downtown Streets as Metro and City of Los Angeles Launch Long-Awaited, Innovative Bike Share Program
Los Angeles has officially joined the bike share revolution. At noon today, hundreds of people who live, work, and play in L.A. converged in Grand Park to launch Metro Bikes, an eagerly anticipated, groundbreaking new bike sharing network that will consist of up to 1,000 shared bicycles at up to 65 stations throughout the downtown area.
- Keywords: bike share, metro bike
- June 28, 2016
- Metro, City of L.A. Bike Share Program Receives $75,000 Grant to Reach Underserved Downtown L.A. Communities
When bike sharing comes to downtown Los Angeles July 7, making the system equitable for disadvantaged communities will be a priority with the help of a new $75,000 grant from the national Better Bike Share Partnership.
- Keywords: Metro Bike, BikeShare, MCM, LADOT, LACBC