- May 21, 2018
- Elected Officials, L.A. Metro Thank Community for Continued Support During Construction of the Regional Connector Transit Project
Elected officials joined Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) executives for a community celebration in the Little Tokyo/Arts District today adjacent to the Japanese American National Museum to thank residents and business owners for their continued support during construction of the Regional Connector Transit Project in downtown Los Angeles. The new rail line is now 50 percent complete.
- Keywords: Regional Connector, Little Tokyo, Arts District
- May 10, 2018
- L.A. Metro, Metrolink, Burbank Officials Celebrate Completion of New Metrolink Antelope Valley Line Station Opening May 14 to serve Hollywood Burbank Airport
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro), Metrolink and airport officials celebrated the completion of a new Metrolink Antelope Valley Line rail station that will connect travelers with the Hollywood Burbank Airport in the San Fernando Valley. The station will officially open to the public on Monday, May 14.
- Keywords: Metrolink, Hollywood Burbank Airport, AV Line
- May 09, 2018
- New Valley Train-to-Plane Connection: L.A. Metro, Metrolink, Burbank Officials Celebrate Completion of New Metrolink Antelope Valley Line Station Opening May 14 to serve Hollywood Burbank Airport
Elected officials, Metro and Metrolink officials and community stakeholders will dedicate the new Burbank Airport-North Metrolink Station that will open Monday, May 14. This will be the second Metrolink station at Burbank Airport. The existing station is on the Ventura County Line and the new station will be along Antelope Valley Line that runs between Los Angeles Union Station, the Northeast San Fernando Valley, Santa Clarita, Palmdale and Lancaster. The new $15-million station, with funding from Metro ($12.3 million) and the Hollywood Burbank Airport ($2.7 million), will make it easier to reach the Burbank Airport via Metrolink and will help reduce vehicles trips on the I-5 freeway and roads in airport-adjacent neighborhoods.
Amenities at the new station include rail ticket vending machines, benches, bike racks and LED display boards showing arrival and departure times for trains, buses and planes. A pedestrian sidewalk and transit plaza will be built adjacent to the station platform and San Fernando Boulevard.
- Keywords: Train-to-Plane Connection
- May 08, 2018
- May is Bike Month L.A. Metro to Provide Free Rides for Bicyclists on Thursday, May 17, offers $1 Bike Share Passes and Hosts Activities to Support Bicycle Transportation during Bike Month
With cycling increasing in popularity throughout Los Angeles County, there has never been a better time to ride your bike, whether for work or play. The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is celebrating Bike Month in May by offering bicyclists free rides on the Metro System on Thursday, May 17, offering discounted bike share passes and supporting several two-wheeled transportation events throughout the month.
- Keywords: bike month
- May 07, 2018
- L.A. Metro Joins National Safety Week May 7-11 to Promote Safety at Transit Project Construction Sites
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is promoting National Safety Week May 7-11 to help raise awareness of construction safety for the thousands of workers on Metro transit project sites. The national campaign includes more than 60 construction firms across the U.S. and Canada that have joined forces to offer education about construction safety.
- Keywords: National Safety Week
- May 03, 2018
- Metro Vision 2028 plan that Outlines Metro’s Strategies for Improving Mobility in L.A. County is Released for Public Review
The Metro Vision 2028 plan was released for public review and comment on Friday by the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro). The document is Metro’s big picture plan that explains the strategies the agency plans to use to improve mobility and quality of life across Los Angeles County over the next 10 years.
- Keywords: Metro Vision 2028 plan, State of Good Repair, ExpressLanes
- April 26, 2018
- Metro Receives Unsolicited Proposal for Aerial Rapid Transit Between Union Station and Dodger Stadium
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) received an unsolicited proposal from Aerial Rapid Transit Technologies LLC (ARTT) on Wednesday that calls for building an aerial tram that would carry passengers between the ballpark and Los Angeles Union Station.
- Keywords: Aerial Rapid Transit, Dodger Stadium, Union Station