- July 26, 2017
- Metro Launches New Workforce Development Program to Prepare Potential Employees for Careers in the Transportation Industry
Workforce Initiative Now-Los Angeles (WIN-LA) is a ground breaking workforce development program created to focus on creating career pathways into the transportation industry. The event is designed to introduce WIN-LA to prime contractors, small businesses and other potential partners to encourage their participation in the unique program that is designed to benefit the entire region.
- Keywords: Workforce Initiative Now-Los Angeles, WIN-LA
- July 26, 2017
- Transit TAP Cards Now Available at 35 LA County Library Locations
In partnership with the LA County Library, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) announced today that customers can now purchase and add bus and train fares to TAP fare cards at 35 county library locations.
There are now 415 regional locations where TAP cards can be purchased and reloaded. Metro plans to add this service to more county library locations in 2018. Overall, the agency is planning to increase its TAP vendor network over the next three years in an aggressive effort to better meet the needs of countywide transit customers.
- Keywords: TAP Cards, LA County Library
- July 25, 2017
- Metro and Caltrans Announce New Alternatives for Interstate 710 South Corridor Project
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) and the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), in cooperation with the Gateway Cities Council of Governments, the Southern California Association of Governments, the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach and the Interstate 5 Joint Powers Authority, are proposing new alternative approaches for a project to improve traffic flow and freight movement on Interstate 710 South between Ocean Boulevard and State Route 60.
- July 24, 2017
- Metro to Implement Full and Partial Closures on the I-405 Freeway
Fifteen nights of full and partial closures on the I-405 freeway will begin Monday, July 31, to accommodate construction of a bridge for the Crenshaw/LAX Line light rail project, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) announced today. The work is being done by Walsh Shea Corridor Constructors, the contractor building the project for Metro.
- Keywords: I-405, Closures, Crenshaw/LAX
- July 18, 2017
- Measure M Project Delivery Well Underway as Tax Initiative Collection Begins
Marking another major milestone in the implementation of Measure M – the half-cent sales tax measure for transportation – the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors has selected the committee of seven to sit on the critically important Independent Taxpayer Oversight Committee. The panel’s job is to make certain Measure M is implemented as specified in the ballot measure.
- July 14, 2017
- Metro Launches Bike Sharing in Pasadena with 30+ Stations and 375 Bicycles at Key City Destinations
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) and city officials today launched a new bike share system comprising 375 bicycles at 30-plus bike share stations throughout the city.
Metro’s contractor, Bicycle Transit Systems, Inc. has completed installation of bike share stations at key locations. All bicycles have been delivered to individual stations and are now available for public use. Those interested in buying a monthly or annual pass for Metro Bikes can register online at www.metro.net/bikeshare.
- July 10, 2017
- Final Environmental Impact Statement/Report (FEIS/FEIR) Released for the Northwest 138 Corridor Improvement Project
The Final Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report for the Northwest 138 Corridor Improvement Project has been completed by the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) and the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans). The goal of the project is to improve mobility and operations and enhance safety on SR-138 between the I-5 and SR-14 in the northern part of Los Angeles County.
- Keywords: NW138
- July 07, 2017
- Metro Releases Souvenir TAP Cards Celebrating L.A.’s Bid for the Olympic and Paralympic Games
Metro’s newest TAP cards available along major rail lines connecting LA 2024 venues
- Keywords: TAP, Olympics, Metro, LACMTA
- June 30, 2017
- New Exhibition at Los Angeles Union Station Features Artists’ Unique Interpretations of L.A. Neighborhoods
Exhibition marks beginning of 15th Anniversary Celebration of Through the Eyes of Artists Series
- Keywords: Metro Art, 15th Anniversary Celebration, Through the Eyes of Artists Series
- June 27, 2017
- L.A. Metro Customers to Benefit from Enhanced Safety, Greater Police Presence through New Multi-Agency Law Enforcement Partnership Effective July 1
The patrons of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) system will benefit from a substantially increased presence of law enforcement personnel beginning July 1 due to a new five-year, multi-agency approach led by Metro’s Security Team that includes the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Los Angeles Police Department and Long Beach Police Department.
- Keywords: Metro’s Security Team, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Los Angeles Police Department , Long Beach Police Department