Tuesday June 28, 2011
Hop on the Metro Gold Line to East Los Angeles Civic Center Station and enjoy ArtsFest 2011 featuring The Undercover Girls, Bombachante, Louie Cruz Beltran and the Susie Hansen Latin Band.
The ArtsFest will be held the first Saturday of every month through October on July 2, August 6, September 3 and October 1. The July 2 event kicks off the ArtsFest with East Los Angeles' first ever Independence Day celebration, complete with a Fishing Derby, Art Walk, Concert, Hip Hop Dance lesson and Fireworks.
In addition, the Farmers Market is open every Saturday, and Movies in the Park are offered every Friday at Dusk from Date July 1 to September 2.
- 9 a.m. East L.A. Farmers Market
- 5 p.m. Summer Concerts including The Undercover Girls, Bombachante, Louie Cruz Beltran and The Susie Hansen Band.
- 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Arts walks showcasing the work of local artists.
- 7 p.m. Ford Theatre J.A.M. Sessions featuring free dance lessons; Hip Hop, Flamenco, Salsa as well as Drumming for the entire family.
The East Los Angeles Civic Center/Belvedere :Lakeside Amphitheatre is located at 480 East Third Street, Los Angeles, CA 90022.
Other participating ArtsFest parks include
- Mayberry Park, July 14, Aug. 11, Sep. 1, / 1132 E. Meyer Road, Whittier, CA 90605
- Rimgrove Park, July 12, Aug. 2, Sept. 13 / 747 N. Rimgrove Drive, Valinda, CA 91744
- Roosevelt Park July 7, 21, Aug. 25 / 7600 Graham Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90001
- Valleydale Park, July 15, Aug. 19, Sept. 30 / 5525 N. Lark Ellen Avenue, Azusa, CA 91702
For more information, call LA County Parks at (323) 260-2360, or go to http://lacountyparks.org For public transportation call Metro at (323) GO.Metro or visit www.metro.net and click on the Metro Trip Planner.