Tuesday September 01, 2009
The new bus line – 910 El Monte Station - Artesia Transit Center via Downtown is set for implementation on Dec. 13, 2009 as part of the agency’s efforts to provide improved service along both the El Monte Busway and the Harbor Freeway Transitway.
The new service is designed to connect the Artesia Transit Center and the El Monte Station via 26-miles of the Harbor Freeway Transitway that runs along the median of the I-110 Freeway and the El Monte Busway that runs along the I-10 Freeway.
The public hearing will take place on Thursday, Sept. 24, 2009 beginning at 9:30 a.m. at Metro headquarters, One Gateway Plaza, Third Floor Board Room, Los Angeles.
The new Metro Bus Line 910 has been the subject of numerous past public hearings and has already been approved for implementation. Since this is new bus service, a fare structure for the service has not been established by the Board of Directors.
Listed below is a proposed fare structure for the new service to be considered at the public hearing:
- Base Cash Fare: $2.45
- Senior & Disabled Peak Cash fare: $1.15
- Off-Peak Cash Fare: $0.85
- Day Pass or Senior/Disabled Day Pass: Honored as full fare
- Weekly Pass: $1.20 co-payment required
- Monthly Pass or EZ Pass: $1.20 co-payment required
- Monthly + 1-zone Pass or EZ Pass + 1-zone: $0.60 co-payment required
- Monthly + 2-zone Pass or E-Z Pass + 2-zones: Honored as full fare
- Discounted Monthly Pass, Incl. Senior, Disabled, Student & College/Vocational: Honored as full fare
Interested members of the public are encouraged to attend the upcoming public hearing and provide testimony on the fare proposals under consideration. Those unable to attend the hearing can submit written testimony postmarked through midnight, Sept. 24, 2009. All written testimony should be sent to: Metro Customer Relations, Attn: Proposed Line 910 Fare Structure, One Gateway Plaza, 99-PL-4, Los Angeles, CA 90012-2952. Comments also can be e-mailed with “Proposed Line 910 Fare Structure” as the subject to email@example.com or fax to 213.922.6988.