Thursday June 03, 2010
Meetings will present additional data on the performance of the five alternatives now under study in the EIS/EIR. They will also provide another opportunity for the public to learn more about the project and receive updates before the agency releases the Draft EIS/EIR and holds formal public hearings anticipated for later this summer.
Material presented at each of these meetings will be identical, so members of the public should choose the time and location most convenient for them. Metro also will offer a live web-cast of the June 28 meeting. Meeting dates are as follows:
- Monday, June 14, 2010; 6 – 8 p.m., LACMA West – Terrace Room, 5th Floor, 5905 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90036.Served by Metro Lines 20, 720, 920, 217 & 780. Validated vehicle parking is available in the Museum’s 6th Street underground garage. Enter from 6th and Ogden. Spanish & Korean translation will be provided.
- Thursday, June 17, 2010; 6 – 8 p.m., Plummer Park – Great Hall, 7377 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90046.Served by Metro Line 4. Free vehicle and bike parking is available. Russian translation will be provided.
- Monday, June 28, 2010; 6 – 8 p.m., Westwood United Methodist Church – Fellowship Hall, 3rd Floor, 10497 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90024.Served by Metro Line 20. Spanish translation will be provided. For added convenience, we will offer a live webcast of this meeting that you can view from any computer simply by going to metro.net/Westside
- Tuesday, June 29, 2010; 6 – 8 p.m., Beverly Hills Library Auditorium – 2nd Floor, 444 N. Rexford Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210.Served by Metro Lines 4, 14, 16 & 704. Free 2-hour parking is available in the adjacent structure. Spanish translation will be provided.
- Thursday, July 1, 2010; 6 – 8 p.m., Santa Monica Public Library – Multi-Purpose Room, 601 Santa Monica Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90401.Served by Metro Lines 4, 20, 333 & 720 and Santa Monica Big Blue Bus Lines 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, and 10.Validated vehicle and free bike parking is available. Spanish translation will be provided.
Special ADA accommodations are available to the public. All requests for reasonable accommodations must be made at least three working days (72 hours) in advance of the scheduled meeting date. Please telephone the project information line at 213.922.6934. The TDD line is 800-252-9040
The Westside Subway Extension Project team is currently evaluating five different alternatives for extending transit service to West Los Angeles. All of the alternatives currently have a common subway segment on Wilshire Boulevard extending to Westwood/UCLA. One alternative also extends to Westwood/VA Hospital, one alternative extends to Santa Monica, one alternative includes the extension to Westwood/VA Hospital and adds a possible branch through West Hollywood, and one alternative includes both the extension into Santa Monica and the possible branch through West Hollywood. As part of the environmental review process, the project team must also evaluate a No-Build Alternative and a Transportation Systems Management (TSM) Alternative. The agency’s Board will consider staff recommendations in the fall.
For additional information, visit the Westside Subway Extension project web site at metro.net/westside. Project information also can be found at Facebook.com/WestsideSubwayExtension. The project information line is 213-922-6934.