Friday March 09, 2007
Metro’s five community-based transit service sector governance councils will hold their regular monthly public meetings in March to discuss various transportation issues in their service sectors including proposed service modifications and improvements slated to be implemented in June.
Service sector staff recommendations on Metro Bus service modifications before the governance councils follow last month’s public hearings on proposed service changes in the five service sectors.
Residents within the San Fernando Valley, San Gabriel Valley, Gateway Cities of southeast Los Angeles, the South Bay and the Westside/Central area interested in helping to improve Metro Bus service in their communities are encouraged to attend the monthly meetings.Governance councils work closely with Metro’s community-based service sectors in studying and planning service improvements and efficiencies of Metro Bus operations in their respective service sectors.
The following is a list of Metro governance council March meetings.
- Metro San Fernando Valley Service Sector; Wednesday, March 7, 2007; 6:30 p.m.; Marvin Braude Constituent Service Center; 6262 Van Nuys Blvd.; Van Nuys
- Metro Gateway Service Sector; Thursday, March 8, 2007; 2 p.m.; The Gas Company; 9240 Firestone Blvd.; Downey
- Metro South Bay Service Sector; Friday, March 9, 2007; 9:30 a.m.; Metro Division 18; 450 W. Griffith St.; Carson
- Metro Westside/Central Service Sector; Wednesday, March 14, 2007; 5 p.m.; La Cienega Tennis Center, Sunset Room; 325 S. La Cienega Blvd.; Beverly Hills
- Metro San Gabriel Valley Service Sector; Monday, March 19, 2007; 5 p.m.; San Gariel Valley Sector Office; 3369 Santa Anita Ave.; El Monte