- June 30, 2021
- Metro Joins Abode Communities to Break Ground on La Veranda/Cesar E. Chavez & Soto Joint Development Mixed-Use Affordable Housing
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) joined Abode Communities in a groundbreaking ceremony today to mark the start of construction on a mixed-use affordable housing development on Metro-owned property located near the corner of Cesar E. Chavez Avenue and Soto Street in Boyle Heights.
- Keywords: Joint Development, Boyle Heights, affordable housing
- June 28, 2021
- Metro and the City of Los Angeles Launch New Dedicated Bus Lane Along Alvarado Street to Complement NextGen Bus Plan
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro), the City of Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT) and StreetsLA have partnered to improve bus speeds, frequency, and reliability during peak travel times along Alvarado Street with the launch of the first phase of a dedicated bus only lane.
- Keywords: NextGen Bus Plan, Alvarado Street
- June 24, 2021
- Metro Board Adopts Updated Joint Development Policy
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors today adopted an updated Joint Development Policy to enable the agency to build more affordable housing near transit for residents who need it most, as soon as possible.
- Keywords: oint Development Policy, Metro Board of Directors
- June 23, 2021
- Metro to Implement Phase 2 of the NextGen Bus Plan, Launch Two New Metro Micro Ridesharing Zones on Sunday, June 27 to Better Serve Riders
As part of the agency’s NextGen Bus Plan to improve bus frequencies and better serve riders, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will begin implementing the second phase of the NextGen Bus service changes on Sunday, June 27. The changes will be accompanied by the expansion of Metro’s microtransit service, Metro Micro, into two new service zones: Highland Park/Eagle Rock/Glendale and Altadena/Pasadena/Sierra Madre. Additionally, a portion of a dedicated bus only lane along Alvarado Street is also being implemented.
- Keywords: Metro Micro, NextGen Bus Plan
- June 21, 2021
- Metro Breaks Ground on New State-of-the-Art Airport Metro Connector Project
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today held a groundbreaking ceremony to mark the beginning of construction on the $898.6-million Airport Metro Connector Project that will directly connect the Metro system to the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
- Keywords: Airport Metro Connector, LAX
- June 08, 2021
- L.A. Metro Partners with City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles Fire Department to Launch New COVID-19 Vaccination Site at Union Station June 8
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has partnered with the City of Los Angeles and the Los Angeles Fire Department to open a free, public vaccination site at Union Station six days a week, making it the fifth site opened on the Metro public transit system.
- Keywords: Union Station Vaccination Site