- January 29, 2021
- L.A. County Supervisor Hilda L. Solis Contributes $10,000 Reward to Add to Metro’s $25,000 Reward for Capture of Suspect in Metro Rail Operator Shooting
Los Angeles County Supervisor Hilda L. Solis, and Metro Vice Chair, is contributing a $10,000 reward through her First District Discretionary Funds to add to Metro’s $25,000 reward for information that leads to the identification, apprehension and conviction of the person who shot a Metro “L” Line rail operator at Indiana Station at 4:10 a.m. this morning. The operator was struck twice and taken to a local hospital in stable condition.
- Keywords: Metro Rail Operator, Shooting, Reward
- January 29, 2021
- Android phones can now be used as TAP cards
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today launched the regional TAP transit smartcard on Android phones. The TAP app is a safe and contactless way to pay transit fare on Metro and 25 additional TAP transit agencies in L.A. County. This Android release follows the iPhone and Apple Watch launch of last September.
- Keywords: Android, TAP
- January 28, 2021
- L.A. Metro Welcomes New Members to the Board of Directors
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is welcoming two new members to its Board of Directors.
- Keywords: Metro, Board of Directors
- January 21, 2021
- Metro Micro Expands to Three New Service Zones After Successful Conclusion of Mobility on Demand Pilot Project
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) on Monday will expand Metro Micro — into three new zones in Compton/Artesia, El Monte and North Hollywood. These areas are currently served by Metro’s Mobility on Demand pilot project, which will end Jan. 24 after two successful years of partnering with private ridesharing company Via.
- Keywords: Metro Micro, mobility on demand
- January 13, 2021
- Metro to Hold a Virtual Energy Resiliency Summit on January 27
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is set to hold a virtual Energy Resiliency Summit on Wednesday, January 27, 2021, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. PST to share innovative solutions among industry peers and other interested parties.
- Keywords: Energy Resiliency Summit
- January 05, 2021
- How to Spot Human Trafficking on the Metro System
This month is Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month, a national public awareness campaign to inform Americans about human trafficking and educate them on ways to identify signs of trafficking in their communities. The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is supporting this month’s campaign by helping public transit riders identify and report any suspicious human trafficking incidents on the Metro system.
- Keywords: Human Trafficking