- June 19, 2020
- Metro will Make Bus Service Changes/Enhancements in Support of Physical Distancing
As part of Metro’s bus recovery plan due to COVID-19, effective Sunday, June 21, Metro will make additional bus service changes and enhancements to further support physical distancing during the pandemic.
- Keywords: COVID-19, physical distancing, bus service changes, bus service enhancements
- June 17, 2020
- C Line (Green) to suspend weekend service between Hawthorne/Lennox and Redondo Beach Stations on June 19, 2020
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will suspend rail service on the C Line (Green) between Hawthorne/Lennox and Redondo Beach Stations the weekend of June 19, 2020 to connect with the future Crenshaw/LAX Line.
- Keywords: C Line (Green), Crenshaw/LAX Line, Hawthorne/Lennox, Redondo Beach
- June 15, 2020
- Metro Completes Decking for Planned Beverly Hills Subway Station Seven Months Ahead of Schedule
In a construction victory made possible by the countywide COVID-19 “Safer at Home” order earlier this year and subsequent street closure approval by the city of Beverly Hills, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has completed decking for its planned Purple Line Extension subway station at Wilshire/Rodeo seven months ahead of schedule.
- Keywords: Purple Line Extension, Beverly Hills, Wilshire/Rodeo
- June 12, 2020
- L.A. Metro Operator Dies from Complications of COVID-19
With great sadness, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today reports that an agency employee has died of complications from COVID-19.
- Keywords: COVID-19, Bus Operator, Division 13
- June 10, 2020
- Metro to Host Interactive Telephone Town Hall Meeting June 17 to Discuss the Agency’s Draft 2020 Long Range Transportation Plan
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will host a live, interactive telephone town hall meeting from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 17, to discuss Metro’s draft 2020 Long Range Transportation Plan.
- Keywords: Long Range Transportation Plan, Town Hall Meeting