- May 31, 2020
- L.A. Metro to Operate All Transit Services Sunday Night, May 31 for Essential Travel during Curfews
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) plans to operate all bus and rail lines Sunday night, May 31 during the second night of curfews that have been ordered by the City of Los Angeles and other municipalities this afternoon as a result of the George Floyd protests.
- Keywords: Protests, curfew, essential travel
- May 30, 2020
- L .A. Metro to Suspend All Transit Services Tonight, To Resume at 5:30 a.m. Sunday, May 31
A Statement from Metro CEO Phillip A. Washington
- Keywords: Service suspension, protests, curfew
- May 28, 2020
- Metro’s Bold 2020 Long Range Transportation Plan set for 45-Day Public Review
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors today authorized the release of the updated draft 2020 Long Range Transportation Plan, a $400-billion, 30-year transportation blueprint for our region. There will now be a 45-day public review period to gather additional comments from the public on the plan through July 13, 2020.
- Keywords: Long Range Transportation Plan
- May 26, 2020
- Both of L.A. Metro’s Tunneling Machines Have Now Officially Reached Wilshire/Fairfax Station Site
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today reports that both of its massive tunneling machines have officially reached the future Wilshire/Fairfax subway station near the La Brea Tar Pits in the Miracle Mile. Tunneling for the first three miles of this four-mile initial project section is now complete.
- Keywords: Purple Line Extension, Tunnel Boring Machines
- May 18, 2020
- LA Metro announces innovative partnership with Transit to replace agency’s smartphone app and improve customer experience
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) has partnered with the Canadian-based company Transit to replace the agency’s smartphone app and collaborate on improving real-time bus and train arrival information for riders and the overall customer experience.
- Keywords: Smartphone app, Android, iOS
- May 13, 2020
- C Line (Green) to suspend weekend service between Hawthorne/Lennox and Redondo Beach Stations on May 15 and June 19, 2020
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will suspend rail service on the C Line (Green) between Hawthorne/Lennox and Redondo Beach Stations on May 15 and June 19, 2020 to connect with the future Crenshaw/LAX Line.
- Keywords: C Line (Green), Crenshaw/LAX Line, Hawthorne/Lennox, Redondo Beach
- May 07, 2020
- L.A. Metro to Require Use of Face Coverings on Metro Transit System Beginning May 11
Consistent with the countywide public health order requiring the use of face coverings in public places, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will require all transit riders to wear face coverings when using the Metro Bus and Rail system beginning Monday, May 11.
- Keywords: face coverings, COVID-19